Orchids in the Mansion


Rainy Sunday here around Middle Tennessee.  Thankfully, I got a break in the rain for a quick visit to Cheekwood.  We've had a membership to Cheekwood since about Thanksgiving, and it's been the best investment ever.  Our boys love going and watching the garden trains just run and run.

Today, it was just Nonna as I wanted to make sure to catch the Orchids in the Mansion before it ended.  If you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of an orchid kick-- I mean, they're practically the only thing blooming right now, so there's not much competition, but I knew Cheekwood's display in their historic mansion would not disappoint.  The main display was a host of mounted orchids hanging from orbs in the mansion's Loggia.  Note to self: Build a Loggia.



I couldn't go to Cheekwood without swinging through the Japanese garden and getting a few snaps.




The main attraction "Cheekwood in Bloom" is right around the corner, and you could see some signs of that coming out.



Sprouted seeds are doing well-- pretty much everything I've tried to start has germinated.  The camellia bushes are getting close to blooming.  The irises and daylilies are coming up.  The rosemary got a heavy haircut.  There's been a lot of rain since the heavy ice and snow, so things are staying too wet to do too much.  Hopefully that'll change soon.

Comments