Bush Museum

Nonna is on the road this week.... Or maybe in the air, on the road, and riding a train.

Nonna, Mrs. Nonna, and Baby Nonna are in Dallas for a few days, and for Mrs. Nonna, the must-see attraction was the George W. Bush Presidential Library and Museum.  I've been before, and outside of all of the typical presidential library and museum type things you'd expect, they do a really good job of highlighting Texas native plants and the work they've done to restore this area of Dallas to what it looked like a really long time ago.

On my first visit, I was really struck by the Texas Rose Garden.  It's just outside the replica of the Oval Office, and most people never even notice it after the novelty of sitting behind the replica desk.  Even though it was unseasonably cool, I slipped out and took some snaps of things that interested me.


Also, being that it's February, the garden isn't in bloom, but I think that makes the architectural qualities of the Natchez crepe myrtles just shine that much more.  The way they offset the colonnade -- It's almost like it was designed that way! ;)


Hope to get in some more garden adventures on this trip since I'll be missing Wednesday's Master Gardener class.  If I do, I'll be sure to blog.

Comments